When a provisional booking is made the Hotel will hold this date on your behalf, with no obligation for 14 days. If we should receive an enquiry within this time for the same date we will require you to make your decision within 48 hours after which, if we have not received a deposit and confirmation, your booking will be released.
Deposit and Confirmation of Booking
To confirm your booking we will require a letter of confirmation with an estimate of numbers for the ceremony, wedding breakfast and evening reception along with a deposit of £500.00 which is non-refundable. On receipt of this the Wedding Co-ordinator representing the Hotel and your wedding will confirm back to you in writing.
A room hire charge is levied in accordance with the appropriate current tariff listed in your Wedding Brochure. The hotel does not make any further room hire charges for your wedding breakfast or evening reception where there is a provision for the sale of food and drink.
Confirmation of Final Numbers
Please keep us informed if the numbers attending the event change. Final numbers are required 21 days prior to the wedding, along with menu and drink choices, which would have been discussed with you and your Wedding Co-ordinator at a previous meeting. The final invoice will be based on these numbers, any increases in final numbers will also be reflected in the final invoice total.
If You Cancel
In the event of a cancellation, in addition to your non-refundable deposit, the following charges will apply:
- Cancellation more than 32 weeks notice No Charge
- Between 32 and 16 weeks 25% of the total invoice value
- Between 16 and 8 weeks 50% of the total invoice value
- Between 8 and 4 weeks notice 75% of the total invoice value
- Less than 4 weeks 100% of the total invoice value
The Hotel reserves the right to revise these terms and conditions at any time.
- If you have asked us to provide items of service which we have to obtain from an outside supplier (for instance flowers, entertainment) the cost of these plus 15% will appear on the invoice. Suppliers will be advised that we will not be responsible for their payment until you have paid the Hotel.
- A pro-forma invoice will be sent to you within a week of receiving the final numbers, payment of which by credit card or cash is required within 7 days.
- A final invoice will be produced. It will indicate deduction of the pre-payment received, any over or under payment must be settled on the day of the wedding or the morning after if the wedding couple are resident in the Hotel. This payment can be made by credit card, cash or cheque if a guarantee card within the limit is produced.